View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM

I'm in a LDR with TGIB at the moment, and it's really hard. I'm awful at LDR's. I'm good at communication, but I'm a very physical person. If I'm emotionally close to someone (beyond being good friends) I want (need?) to be physically close to them too. TGIB and I started as an LDR, so I thought I'd be better at it, but no. Even before we ever met in person, when the emotions intensified my need for a physical expression of those emotions did too. And it's not just about being horny/getting sex. It's the hugs and cuddling on the couch and just holding each others' hand. Also, my husband is right here, and we have a good sex life, but that doesn't in any way lessen how much I want to be with TGIB. Just like being with TGIB doesn't lessen how much I want to be with MC. If I just need the release that's what battery-operated toys are for.

I think being a LDR contributed to the "break" TGIB and I took (but it wasn't by any means the only factor) but that break also contributed in turn to our being in a relationship now. We've been split up, and we did NOT like it. Hard though it is, we'd rather have a LDR than no relationship at all. I don't know how I'd manage if this were a long-term arrangement. I'd find a way, I guess, since I'm not giving him up, but thankfully I don't have to worry about that. He's moving out here in June, which in some ways makes the current LDR status harder- like a Senior in their last year of high school or college, you just want to be DONE with this part and get to Graduation Day, even if the previous years at school were peachy!