View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 04:41 PM

I think it's great to discuss safe sex but I see HPV being in no special category; considering the prevalance of herpes.

"There's no reporting system for herpes in Canada, but figures from the US suggest that genital herpes affects about 25% of women and 20% of men. In other words, approximately 1 out of every 4 women and 1 in 5 men have been infected.1 out of every 4 women and 1 in 5 men in canada have been infected with genital herpes."

http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/chan...ation_id=10884.

You bring up a good point about this issue but I am disturbed by the statement "Yes, the chances are relatively low for the population in general, but not that low for this demographic in this lifestyle"

Although poly can be used as an excuse for a "moralistic free for all fucking lifestyle" I don't think the poly community in general has this aproach and is less at risk than those casually dating/picking people up at bars.

Sorry if I seem defensive but I spent alot of time defending poly and I am sensitive to anything that perpetuates the judgemental ideas of those who would attack poly rather than accept it.

Peace and love
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 11-15-2009 at 05:42 PM.