View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 AM

Hi and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
My issue is that if he doesn't have time for me - he won't/shouldn't have time for someone else.
Well, but think of it this way... most people aren't going to want to just serve as filler for when your bf isn't available. They will have their own needs too, and so will your bf.

Let's say you do start seeing someone else, and it's going great. You try and fit seeing him only into the days that you don't see your current bf, even though life doesn't always work that way. So, one night, you're out with the new lover, and the first bf unexpectedly has some time free up in his schedule. Why would it be unfair for him to go out with someone else if you're not available? Would you drop the plans you have with the new lover just to run and be with first bf now that he's available? That wouldn't be nice to the new bf, and would be really co-dependent with the current bf, so... if you have other lovers, why shouldn't your bf?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein