View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by vermin06 View Post
(I'm saying "you" in a general sense throughout this post, not necessarily as YOU btw haha).

Man, I was so ready to just get all bitchy about you accusing me of things and then you had to go and qualify it... Just kidding. I appreciate the fact that you thought out your response, and I really didn't expect anyone to change my mind. I just like hearing (or reading) people's thoughts.

The "If a man lieth with another man" verse is one that I have heard is a poor translation from the original Hebrew. I don't know Hebrew, so I can't say this definitively, but I have taken a Hebrew Bible class where the instructor knew Hebrew, and he also claims that the verse had an 'ALSO' in it. If so a more accurate translation would be "If a man ALSO lies with another man as he lies with a woman..." Which would then seem to prohibit bisexuality (in which case, I'm screwed - and not in the good way) but perhaps homosexuality is okay.

I don't think there is an answer to my question... Am I naive? Perhaps. But if I am then I am going to choose to remain in denial about it until something that speaks of a deeper truth comes along.