View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:29 PM

I'm getting ready for my flight but wanted to respond to comments before I left. I expect I'll be neglecting my email while I'm there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
This is gonna seem flippant, but I mean it seriously- So what if it annoys guys??
But if the alternative is having something in my relationships blow up because of a lack of communication, I accept seeming needy occasionally as a small price to pay.
This is a really good point. Thanks!

Quote:
How you talk matters, of course. Asking him what he's thinking because you really want to know is key. Being truly interested in what someone has to say is rarely going to come off as annoying. And especially in a new relationship, that's how you LEARN about the other person/people!
Another really good point. I have just had a gut feeling that I need to not push him to open up too much, too soon. That it's something that will happen gradually, that he's guarded for a reason. The LDR thing is hard, and we haven't had a lot of in-person time yet.

Quote:
I don't believe communicating well is a natural ability for most people- I think it's a skill you learn and that takes time. When everyone's open to the idea of working on how they communicate, it gets a lot easier, in my experience. It's when people are closed off because "this is how I am" that things are really difficult.
Yet another good point, thank you. I should talk to Drew directly about this, to get an idea if he is in that “this is how I am” category or not.

It’s weird to me, that I have a hard time just being direct with him about some of these things. Hmm...