View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Ahh, well, that's not much time at all. I would be more cautious if I were you.

Generally most people find that moving in together is something that people should wait quite a bit longer to do. You are still getting to know each other, and likely you are all caught up in NRE (New Relationship Energy), which is basically a hormone-infused euphoria. When the buzz subsides is when the real meaty work of a relationship happens because we stop seeing the objects of our love through those rose-colored glasses, and sometimes it ain't pretty.

So, to be all living together, sharing a bed, uprooting your life, routine, and animals to give up your own place, before the relationship among all of you has really been tested for a good amount of time can be dangerous and an invitation to drama. I think it would also be good to have an extra room for those times when you or someone needs some solitude.

Think of it like any big change in your life - if you give the relationship at least a year before moving in, at least then you know that you got through every holiday, birthday, season, and significant event together. Is there any reason why you are doing this so soon? Can't you slow things down some?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/