View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Hullo and welcome!

Part of me wants to say yes, he is an adult, his partners are all adults, and not your responsibility anyway. On the other hand, he may be kidding himself, with the new love interest in the picture he might be telling himself that he has more time in his life than he really does. When you are heavily attracted to someone you cut down on sleep and free-time activities to make time for that person. You mentioned him going out of his way, but on the other hand he has not mentioned anything about spreading himself too thin. Is the "going out of his way" your interpretation, or is there some actual evidence that he is neglecting some part of his life to make more time for you?

Are the other ladies in his life only involved with him right now? How much do you ideally think you would want to spend time with him on a weekly basis? Is that conceivable, taking into account everyone's existing commitments? The beginning stages of a new relationship, when both partners are highly motivated to spend more time together than apart, is really upsetting for most established partners. Even when physically apart, there's texting, IMing, phone convos etc.

I take it he lives alone. Does he have any long term plans with his other loves that you need to be aware of? Is he planning on moving in, making a legal commitment, having kids with one or more of his partners?
He has occasionally mentioned that he is skipping doing something in order to spend time with me, but never really important things. Just slightly inconveniencing himself in order to spend more time with me. Not cutting into time with the other woman.

All of his other partners as also seeing other people. However he does live with one of the women. He does not like to consider her his 'primary' partner though, he has to same emotions for the others as well...his words not mine. He is however planning to marry the partner who he does live with.

As far as physically seeing him I would like to be able to spend at least a few hours with him a week. Does not really matter if it is a long day together one week, then the next week I might see him a couple times but only for a short period of time. I am someone who likes a lot of space in a relationship. The fact that he calls and/or texts me every day is a lot for me.