View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have been giving it more thought as time goes on, We have friends who are polyamorous relationships, and they joke with us all the time about how open we are to other people, and maybe that's why this has come front and center... maybe it's the next logical step. But I know in matters of the heart you can't lead with logic unless you want to derail the train before it even starts moving. I've only ever loved one person openly... I guess I've hidden the love I have carried toward a very select small number of people, but I have hidden it away from them. The only one that knows about them is my wife. Funny huh? I tell her that I love these other people and that they are a big part of my life, but I don't dare tell them.

If I may ask a question though... when you went from 'mono' to 'poly', if you had to name something, and I hope this isn't too personal, but what were the biggest obstacles when you went through it? Were you nervous at all? I have a big fear of it, not just because it doesn't quite jive with my program, and I guess you could say that a lot of the fear is irrational, and probably caused by being closed minded. Of course the wife is taking it in stride... I seem to be the only one with an issue. Again, thank you for getting back to me :-)