View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
You would do a Master's for something even more specific and intense here too. I got my Bachelor's of Music in Music Education- Choral and General Music. If my plan of being a High School Choir Director had worked out, I would have gone on to get my Master's in Choral Conducting, most likely.

A BA would still have the Theory, History, and performing group requirements. What it didn't have iirc were the instrument-specific classes, Conducting, or the education or business classes. None of the degrees had as many performance requirements as the music performance degree *shudder*.
Yeah, we have the instrument specific classes and business and even law added in with it though. For a 3 year course, you have to do a lot of work.

I'd love to do a performance degree. I think it would suit me more to be in a practical environment, rather than the masses of writing I've often had to be doing. But you're right, they really expect a high performance from you just to think about letting you in. I never did grades on my instrument either, so I'm not even sure where to start. =P
=]