Thread: Postmortem
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Might get together with SW this week. I don't know where he is with thinking about a serious relationship. Like me, he takes a while to think about things so I don't necessarily expect any discussion. Still it would nice to have a check in about it, or maybe he will ask me some questions. I realized that I would be reassured about his process, for lack of a better term, if he asked me questions.

I'm also trying to figure out how to be a friend with Beloved. We talk every few weeks or so and I do want to remain friends. She was/is my best friend. But I can't talk to her about important stuff going on with me right now, namely the SW stuff, and I don't really want to hear about anything romantic going on in her life either. So we tend to have generic conversations about work, dogs, birds, our families, etc. And I hate generic, lightweight conversations. I would like to ask her more about why we broke up. Not to get together again - we're done - but to understand more. Maybe I will ask her to take a break from talking to each other for a while. Have to think about that.

Also, I've decided to nickname my other casual involvement guy, Whip. (And for those of you who were wondering - and you know who you are - no, it is not BDSM related.)