View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Having friends and loved ones watch your kids full time is tricky, don't take it personally. One wrong move then everyone is upset with eveyone else and resentments start building on both sides. As parents, we want things done OUR way and it's hard to insist on certain things when we are dealing with family and friends verses those we pay to do a job. I was always worried that family and friends would think I was taking advantage of them. So I wouldn't automatically assume it's about trust or feeling too co-parent-y. My advice, sit them down and make them an official offer, not just something said in passing. Put a time limit on your offer (2, 3, 6 months or such) so they have time to find another care provider and save some money in the mean time.
Thanks, SN, this advice really helped, and I incorporated it into my approach as mentioned in my last post. It's soooo useful to have the perspective of someone who's been there. I miss LR's presence on the boards...