View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the affirmation, Phy.

I haven't seen Davis since I last wrote, so no news there.

I visited Gia and Eric last night and got to see Bee balance himself, upright and standing, while holding onto the side of his swing. And his foot sort of shuffled a tiny bit... we could almost believe he might take a step!! That didn't happen (we would have all been utterly shocked if it had) but it was still an exciting and new moment in his development and I was glad to be there for it. Gia caught it on video.

G&E are having troubles with money. And Gia just posted to a small circle of friends on a social network that she is upset, stressed, and worried about finding new childcare she trusts for Bee. It kinda stings that she hasn't asked me to step up and do a day a week, when I've offered multiple times. They need two days a week, so it wouldn't solve their whole problem, but it would save them money and I know they trust me with him, so what the heck? Are they uncomfortable with the idea of me stepping into a role that feels too co-parent-y? Or do they just not think I was serious?

I guess the only thing to do is ask.

Yaaaay, serious relationship conversations to look forward to with both of my partners...