Thread: Hi..
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Wink

I'm sorry that it was such a flop. It took me awhile to be able to tell Gamerboy too. He did the same thing that your husband did, althogh joking is a regular defense mechanism for him, so that didn't make it any easier.

Although it wasn't the first time we had discussed non-monogamy, we had never discussed it in regards to our relationship. When we first got together, I had just gotten out of a three year relationship and was really questioning monogamy and and the the perfect "one" idea. Honestly, lifelong monogamy had never made sense to me and I made that very clear when Gamerboy and I started talking. I have no idea what posssessed me to be so up-front but I was just really tired of 2.5 kids, picket fence ideals. I had no desire to be fenced in or tied down forever;it goes against my personality. Long story short, he said ok and we've been together since. For awhile we were having a lot of trouble because I was still trying to fight all of those feelings and he was struggling with the same feelings I was,monogamy and society's standards. It took four years and a lot of strife before we finally managed to be honest with each other and things have been significantly better since.

I agree with you on the guys doing manly things together; it's a lovely isn't it? Madscientist was here helping Gamerboy cut down and pull out a tree on Moday and I may have peeked out the window once or twice
I think its great that you and Guy go out and do things together. I would love to spend more time with Madscientist, just him and I, but I just don't know how to go about it. That's a whole other story though.
Love the screenname by the way