Thread: Advice please..
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 AM

I would think so. A commitment ceremony is whatever you want it to be, as long as you can find someone to officiate it. My partner and I have talked a little bit about a handfasting or something similar, but that's likely quite a ways in the future when we can be "out" about our relationship. For now I wear a ring on my right hand that symbolizes my commitment to him. I know what it means, he knows what it means, and my husband knows what it means. That's what is important to me, so I'm quite content.

We are lucky, though, that we don't have to worry about a lot of the legal aspects. He's not planning on living with us or being directly involved with finances or children. At some point I'd like something that gives he and I spousal rights to see each other in the hospital, but probably not decision-making rights and that's probably farther down the road anyway. At the moment he's long-distance and won't even live nearby until June.