View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 AM

GirlinGray, I think you're right. I think he could definitely be handling this better, but I am sometimes an emotional basket case and I'm sure this hasn't been easy on him either. I know he loves me very much and I know that he hates to be hurting me, but he cannot help who he is and I have no desire to change him. So, we shall trudge on through the mud until we reach sturdier ground, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
But that was after YEARS of communication and negotiation and him being uncomfortable with the unknown, which, turns out, can't become "known" until you try it!
^This! Sometimes I would just like it to happen, to see what the result will be. I have a habit of building things up in the worst imaginable light. I almost want to give him the green light, just so that I'll see that it isn't the end of the world, he still loves me, values me as a person, and wants to be with me. But, then again, I don't want to rush things, find out that I'm in no way ready for it, and it completely ruin our relationship. He is far too important and brings too much good into my life for me to rush into a possible disaster.

Thank you. I appreciate and am thinking about everything you have said.