View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I can totally see poly as an option until such time as a monogamous relationship is needed and sought after. Both options are valid. Deciding what is right for you is what is important.
@Redpepper, I relieved to hear that you think it's not an either/or proposition. Still, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. It is okay to have a "for now until a monogamous person comes along" relationship? I suppose all relationships could fall into the "this could change based on circumstances" category, but having "this is just for now" as an up front condition would be unusual. It would certainly take away some security on the part of the other partner. It's very possibly I'm misunderstanding your intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I think you could still love and spend time with your bf and your metamours and still be in his life but end the partnership aspect. He sounds very busy with several people, I can imagine that the time factor would be a big one and maybe its better to be loving friends instead.
I am giving this advice serious consideration. It would better manage my expectations and disappointments if I am unable to make the change to the new normal. Thank you.