View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
And if he hasn't had much college dating experience I might steer him toward that myself....having had loads of fun during those years. Think about it from their side. Hooking up with a married women during your college years???
Plenty of time for that later.
Dh, what about dating a married woman is substantially different from the fun he could have dating someone who was single? And since it's a poly relationship, what will *keep* him from dating others?

I had an older partner who broke up with me when I was in college "for my own good", saying that it was so I could have more experiences (Ziggy, for those who've read my blog). I found it to be a ridiculous cop-out, was depressed for a while, then went on to sleep around a little before quickly getting into a serious LTR with an older friend who was just getting out if the Marine Corps (Davis) without ever getting over the guy who left me "for my own good". So much for the crazy college dating I was supposed to do??

I have a big problem with the idea that anyone should expect someone else to be happier on a different, more "expected" path when that person has consciously chosen the path they're on, isn't harming his or herself, and isn't obviously struggling.

I apologize for spamming this thread, I just have some strong feelings about the issues being brought up...