View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 PM

Welcome! Your user name caught my attention, and upon reading this post, I think I am going to enjoy reading what you have to say around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhartha View Post
Flip side of the coin: living poly in secret. Most of our friends don't know what we are, and as such we're maybe open to three people, tops. Also hard to find good candidates, so we go years at a time without involvement. Makes the landscape somewhat asymmetrical at times, going both ways, but on the whole I've found it strengthens our relationship. So there's that.
My only question (for now): You mention that you have supportive friends, but then you say ^this^. Do you have some friends who wouldn't be accepting of the poly life or are you just not ready to tell everyone? Simple curiosity... Some people in my life know, some don't based merely on how I think they would react and the level of closeness I feel to them. I can also completely relate to the whole 'hard to find good candidates' situation because my husband and I live close enough to our hometown that if we put ourselves out there too much the rumors would be flying, and when we are ready to tell our parents WE want to tell our parents, not have them find out second, third, or fourth hand because of people talking!

Anyway, enjoy the boards, enjoy the people, enjoy the experience.