View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAus View Post
We don't openly argue or anything of the sort, but we have nothing in common, nothing to talk about, and when we do, I feel as if I am making 99% of the effort and she is treating me like I'm stupid or like a child. She is a fair bit older (16 years) and seems to act as if because I have never had kids/built a house/am generally younger my opinions hold no value.
If THIS is why you feel like she doesn't like you, you might want to reevaluate. I tend to surround myself with people who are at least 10 years older than I am. They have a tendency to 'talk down' to me by saying I wouldn't understand since I haven't experienced it, calling me 'the baby' since I am the youngest person in the group, or other random references to the fact that they have been around longer than I have. It bugs me, but if I really care about the person that is doing it, I explain what is going on and usually I hear "OMG, I didn't even realize I do that!" After that, things usually get better. You might try just explaining that you feel bad when she acts differently towards you just because of the age difference/different life experiences.