View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 AM

I think it a great idea to ask her to slow down so that you might catch up. It sounds like you need that. Hopefully that helps.

Envy/jealousy is about fear, and not getting needs met. If you can break it down into parts you might be able to figure out exactly what your fears are and what you need for that fear to dissipate. Taking the time you need is the best way to do that.

It sounds like you are having trouble with their passion and not getting enough passion in your own life. What are you going to do in order to create that? That would be a good place to start I think.

As to the "rule" that she made. I don't think it such a great idea to make such rules as they tend to get broken and then used again the person who made them. Its best to create boundaries that are movable when the time comes that they are not useful any more or have proven themselves to be a bit off the wall. Its also important that these boundaries be agreed upon by all. They need finessing to do so but its important that everyone think about the broader picture and what "could" happen and make adjustments as time goes on.

I suggest that you look in the search engine here for "jealousy" and see what else you can find on this topic as its a common thread topic.