View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Beatbox, I would add to my list your 2 and 5 and a variation of your 3. Thanks for those reminders.
That's great. I'm glad you feel that way, makes me feel we are on the right track with this.

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I would agree entirely on knowing who my husband is involved with. That way we can talk about them and his situation.

I have a thing about knowing who is touching him. It makes me feel closer to them somehow so why would I not want to know who I feel closer to. Does that make sense?
I guess I feel that there should be some space given to the new relationship and that perhaps the details could be left out. I can understand more in a vague, general disclosure maybe. But, the truth is, she will ask regardless. I think her curiosity will get the better of her on most anyone I date. I know her well.

This evening I went to see if I could get the number of that waitress, whose name I found out. The whole thing felt odd, mostly because I'm out of practice and this was kind of a bold move on my part...for me at least.

Now, here is a situation where I'm never going to meet this person anywhere else. I see her and I'm attracted to her, so do I just let it go?.....No I go back the next day, sit, have a drink and talk to the people around me. She sees me again and so at some point I just ask the bartender to give her my number.

Well, the approach seemed reasonable at the moment.

But now I'm thinking, what if she calls? How do I explain this whole thing to her? When do I tell her? That kind of thing....I will read around for some answers.