View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
I would really like to hear from anyone in a vee about how they deal with some of this. Thanks.
I'm in a vee, so I can address your question. I deal with being handed an unfair set of rules with no flexibility, and having my partner dump the emotional negativity of their other partner's instability and jealousy on me, and being made to feel like I'm not respected and like the relationship is destroying my ability to feel, by...

Oh wait. I *don't* deal with those things because I would immediately dump anyone who tried to treat me that way. I respect myself enough to know that I deserve better. I know that it is better to be alone than to be with someone who treats me poorly and drags me down. I know that I am a lovable person and that if I leave one partner it doesn't mean I will be alone indefinitely, because I will find a new partner or partners when the time is right. So I only attach myself to people who treat me the way I deserve and make me feel good.

With all due respect to your difficult situation... why does it seem you can't you say the same?