View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
This has nothing to do with relationship skills, Ceoli. It's about people not getting to experience what the vast majority of people around them are. Some people won't care, but most will.
I think it has everything to do with relationship skills because experience is useless if the lessons learned aren't applied and turned into skills that one can bring to a relationship. And I think there are a variety of ways one can gain relevant experience without a "traditional relationship" having to be a prerequisite. Plus I know plenty of people with lots of experience in relationships who continue unhealthy patterns despite their experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
It's about wondering if the grass is greener on the other side because, like it or not, that is where most people do and will spend their time.

If you've been on both sides you can determine what is best for you.
So by that logic, all monogamous people should try being poly (and vice versa) and all straight people should try being gay (and vice versa). I think there's something to be said for self knowledge that is gained from all aspects of life, but I don't think every part of life has to be experienced to know one's self.