View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM

Will post more later, but I just wanted to share this quickly because I found it amusing.

In the dream from which I just awoke, I was sitting with Davis, Jay, and another friend at a talent show when suddenly I was asked to participate. It was scary, because I had to come up with things to do on the fly, but I felt buoyed by the fact that the two of them were cheering for me and inspired to do well so that they would be impressed. At the end I almost failed to come up with anything and would have had to bow out, but then at the last second I decided to go up anyway and I opened my mouth, not even sure of what I would do, and sang. It came out beautifully, though I was still very afraid I would fuck up. The song was an old one that I've known since I was a kid about how music is more powerful than words for conveying emotion.

Such a contrast to the last dream. I'm glad I decided to tell Davis about my crush -- talking *really* does make everything better for me. And while I'm still enjoying some lingering crush-i-ness, I've found that I've gone back to thinking of Jay mostly as a friend.