View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM

I always assumed this relationship wouldn't be the same forever. I knew that eventually she would move on. But I also believed that it wouldn't be the end, it would just be different. I thought that we would always love each other and be a part of each others lives. I imagined being a part of her life, not a major part but we would talk from time and she would tell me about some of her happy times and her sad times and I would be happy or sad with her. And vice versa. What an amazing love I had. It is really a shame that things turned out the way that they have.

I suppose that is why I want to remain open to the idea of dating again. Hubby keeps telling that it isn't the wrong choice to love another, she just wasn't the right person. "Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs.....".

I know he is right. But I feel responsible for not protecting my children. Well, who knows how old my kids will be when/if I ever find someone I am interested in again. Maybe just shouldn't worry about it for a while.

When we place preconceived expectations on those we love we neglect to consider their individual goals, needs and desires. We fail to respect them and love them for who they really are.