View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM

Default My Dad's Voice

I have been having a hard time being poly lately. I remember longing for it, I remember embracing it. I recently broke up with my girlfriend (about 10 weeks ago. I had to stop loving her. She turned out to be someone who lacked some necessary boundaries. My children were affected. That is really the major problem for me now. I am sick about it. My kids were hurt by my decision to bring another lover into my life. I find myself hearing my fathers voice telling me, "Well you are living a life of perversion and you made this happen with your choices..... If you followed God's laws this wouldn't have happened". In a away, he would be right.

I miss her. I miss what we had, or what I thought we had. It was one the most beautiful times of my life. I was so happy. I want that beauty in my life again. At what expense?

When we place preconceived expectations on those we love we neglect to consider their individual goals, needs and desires. We fail to respect them and love them for who they really are.