View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
I agree, it seems like he's just trying avoid the title of "adulterer" by adding a "spiritual" dimension to the whole idea. Just recently, due to various audiobooks he's been listening to (Mastery of Love, etc) he now sees himself as "highly intuitive" (but unfortunately NOT so sensitive!) He wakes up with a "warm glow" in his heart and butterflies in his stomach (lucky him!) Therefore, his "feelings" (which he admits are totally out of his control) are now being bestowed on him by "the universe" trying to tell him that there's more to life, he believes his destiny awaits....I told him, OK your thoughts and feelings may be beyond your control, but your ACTIONS are certainly controllable!
Oh, mercy.

This strikes me as yet another attempt on his part to evade responsibility. So far, he's pushed everything off 1) on you ("leash"), 2) his feelings, and 3) the Universe.

Well, who dares to question the Universe?

You might point out to him that this same Universe has just recently dealt you a pretty lousy hand, and you could really use his time and attention to help you deal with it.

He has a simple choice, one that the Universe will not help him to evade: He can pursue "his journey" with you or without you. He made a promise to journey with you and, if he breaks that promise now, it's on his head; it is his choice and his responsibility.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

"Mystical explanations are considered deep. The truth is that they are not even superficial." - Friedrich Nietzsche