View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Default Continuing to learn :)

Last night myself, PN, LB and Redpepper's parents went to watch her sing in her choir at a local theatre. It was a great show and the entire family was very proud of our loved Redpepper

Afterwards, PN went dancing with friends and Redpepper headed off to a "poly" party with Derbylicious and her hubby. I call it a "poly" party because it included people from the local community. I stayed home and had a quite night to myself watching over my little buddy.

Having a partner who is independant can certainly relieve the pressure of having to do things as a couple. The idea that she was with Derby also helps take away a sense of obligation to attend as well. I think it is important to remind myself that we are often in two different streams of social comfort. I enjoy hanging out with both but I think it is still better to step back from the poly social scene and give RP that space to have fun without me around or worrying that I am going to smack someone upside the head for flirting with her And why the hell wouldn't they...she's a sexy lady!!

It's interesting to know that after almost thre years I still don't feel a true part of either social circles. Luckily I am very comfortable in the space between as I enjoy solitude and keeping most people at a distance.

Learning is success, and so is acceptance! Lots of things going on internally, rethinking boundaries, rethinking what parts of traditional "commitment" I am holding onto and wondering what the future holds. What's next?? Make no doubt there will be plenty of love for RP and family

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over