Thread: Would you go?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 AM

If I really felt uncomfortable somewhere, I wouldn't go. But I agree with most, that there doesn't seem to be any real reason for you to be uncomfortable. You were treated well.

I wouldn't be a big fan of not being out though. I would hate being someone's partner, yet being known just as a friend. It's not the truth and I hate lies. =P But that's no reason to turn down good company and food! =]

I think if you were out to her [and she was accepting of it], perhaps you would be at ease around her. Just make sure you talk to your partner about it, before outing him to his own family! [or rather, have him come out to them]. But don't push it if he wouldn't want that of course. Some families can be hard when it comes to such crazy ideas. People still get crap from their families for being out as gay, and it's a much more acceptable thing to be gay in our societies.
=]