View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Sounds like a fairly nice fellow, Indie. =] I try to avoid comments on appearance in general when I send messages. Even if this woman is stunning, I just wouldn't know how to put it in a way that didn't sounds like cheese. =P So I stay away from making comments like that in my first message.
Yeah, I have gotten those cheesy ones, too. "Hi, you're really hot." Ugh. This man said, in a very gentlemanly way, "You are clearly a beautiful woman and I find your hair striking." Basically, he said it because he was responding to my profile. Not that I ask people if I'm beautiful (gawd!), but in the section for The First Thing People Notice About Me, I talk about my silver hair, and how I turned gray in my 20s, stopped dying it brown a few years ago, and never expected such a positive response.

So, in the very least, his words showed me he was paying attention. There have been guys who tried that and failed miserably because they did sound cheesy, phony, and calculating, not genuine. I'm not sure how I can explain what was so different and charming about this one. I think showing me that he didn't just skim through my profile, but actually read it and something clicked, must have something to do with it.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Last edited by nycindie; 12-07-2011 at 05:27 AM.