View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:09 AM

What a long couple of days... G&E&B and I spent all weekend together, visiting some out of town friends who were having a party. On the road, Gia navigated, Eric drove, and I hung out in the back and kept the baby entertained which worked out very well. We stayed overnight at the party and the whole thing was lovely, lots of chill, pleasant time with our friends.

Gia and I spent a half an hour or so lying in the dimly lit guest bedroom on our own with Bee asleep between us, just talking, which was especially nice. I would have loved to have slept with them but there wasn't room and, knowing that would certainly be the case, I had brought an inflatable mattress anyway. I really miss sleeping with them. Gia speculated about maybe some day replacing their queen sized bed at home with a king.

As we were getting ready to leave in the late afternoon the next day, Eric got a call -- his cousin, who's been in the hospital, had taken a turn for the worse. We rushed there, and I helped juggle the car and the baby as we figured out what was going on. Thank god, he'd stabilized and is ok for the time being

Standing there with the three of them in the hallway outside Eric's cousin's ward as the sick boy's mother, Eric's aunt (I'm not sure if she recognized me from Gia's baby shower), filled us in; fetching the poor woman a snack (she hadn't eaten since the morning) and making sure to get a couple of extra things as well because even though G&E had said they were fine I knew they'd need something by the time we were leaving; finding things to chat about as we waited for them to be able to go in; waiting with Bee in the lobby while they visited his bedside...

I feel awful even saying this. I am so sad and sorry that this is happening. But I can't help it -- there's a part of me that thought "This is what family does, shares good and bad times equally, gives and accepts help in a crisis without hesitation. Maybe this will help make that which is already clear to me clearer to them as well, that family is what we are."
Me, 30ish bi female, been doing solo poly for roughly 5 years. Gia, Clay, and Pike, my partners. Davis, ex/friend/"it's complicated." Eric, Gia's husband. Bee, Gia and Eric's toddler.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 12-05-2011 at 04:38 AM.