View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 PM

I noticed yesterday that Eric had posted on facebook about needing to find something for him and Bee to do that night. I was surprised -- had Gia asked him to clear out for our date? I knew it would be better to let them work it out on their own, but I gave in to curiosity and concern and asked her about it.

She was very annoyed with him. Apparently she had told him days ago that she wanted alone time with me tonight (his aunt decided to go home after all) and had told him she could go to my place, but he had said it was ok, he would make plans to go out. She felt like him posting about it online and clearly having no plan on the day of was thoughtless of him because she was already feeling guilty for "kicking out her family" from her home. I think she was also embarrassed that I had seen it and worried that I would now feel bad. I wished I'd gone with my first impulse and ignored it. :/

Luckily the two of them worked it out. Eric put Bee in a carrying harness and went to the diner down the street to have dessert and coffee and read for a couple of hours (to his credit, he *was* trying to find a friend to hang with but no one was answering their phone, and he made it clear that the diner was totally cool with him and he would come back when he got too bored).

I watched Gia's face as they left and she looked as if she was about to cry. I know she cherishes every moment with her husband and son and feels like there's never enough time, and it's been a terribly stressful week for her (drama at work, money troubles), so her distress didn't surprise me and I didn't let myself feel even a little guilty. A little time apart will hardly hurt them, and of course she knew that too. She got over it quickly and we enjoyed a quiet dinner together.

We laid down together in her bed, just the two of us for the first time in a long time. Face to face, bodies touching, mostly clothed. We talked and touched in intimate but not sexual ways (brushing back one another's hair, touching each other's backs and arms, etc.). She apologized, said that she had wanted to be more amorous but just didn't have the energy. I told her that I was just excited that it was something she *could* want again, and that I was so happy to be close and alone with her.

I had no real sense of time as we lay there. We said sweet and loving things to each other and kissed a little. I could have stayed there with her for hours. So genuine, warm, reassuring. She told me that this was something she had wanted to give me for a while, a special night just for me. She knows that my primary love language is physical touch, and she gave me just what I needed.

Eventually Eric came home. He said that the waitress had given him his sundae for free because she was so enamored of Bee. I had a strong urge to hold him, kiss him all over, touch his face. I settled for hugging him and kissing his neck. I can't wait until he and I can become closer again, and as the physical relationship between Gia and I re-knits itself, I feel that time coming closer and closer.

On the drive home I felt quiet and perfectly content in a way I haven't in a while.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 12-02-2011 at 07:03 PM.