View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manno View Post
While I do not begrudge her for this at all, I hate that this didn't work.

What is cool about what went down: Our initial acquaintance has not been ruined, and I've opened up to her faster than I rarely do with anyone (mostly because I felt like I had a lot I was placing on the line), and now I really feel like I have someone I can hang out with a bit.

What is "the suck" about this: I'm not getting something that I realize I really want with her, which is a boundless romantic relationship and I could wind up just as frustrated (but not because of my own hesitations) because I still find her very attractive.
Well... sometimes love is bittersweet. The only way to find out if something is going to work is to commit to finding out--and that's also what makes it painful when things don't work. There are many women in my past whom I love deeply and I bear the disappointment that things just couldn't work with them.

It takes only a couple of them and a few years' time and one can fully understand Shakespeare when he said "'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." Life is a banquet and the dishes include all of the basic flavors--sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and savory. It's the blending of the flavors that make for an interesting meal.