Thread: Back and Forth
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Vanille,
I think it would be a good exercise for you to look at what all your good points are without appending them with "but it's not as good as..." We all have our talents. As much as your thought processes are telling you that engineering takes more smarts than court reporting it's not true. Your minds work in different ways. Your husband finds YOU interesting. Yeah he might have more in common to talk about with someone who is in the same feild of work but you know what? Talking shop all the time isn't all that fun.

As for how you look physically, I clicked on your profile to see what you looked like and honestly I was expecting something different than what I saw with how down you are on yourself. You're an attractive woman who to my eyes is in good shape. If you're going to compare yourself to others there are always going to be things that you can pick out that aren't as good in you as they are in them. Instead looking at what's good about you in it's own right takes that comparison away.

Your husband will be attracted to different people for different reasons (just as you will be). Why would we bother being in multiple relationships if all those people were exactly the same? Your husband doesn't want you to be someone else, he wants you the way you are.