View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
It's a good amount of progress from my POV. It means that we three can't be arrested because I'm married to Indigo and also having "conjugal relations" with Mr. A.
Well, what I meant is compared to before the whole thing. Before the hearings started, nobody would have thought to arrest you I believe. The law was only raised because someone wanted to use it against a polygamous person, and only because they couldn't find a way to charge them with anything else. Then someone went "this law is old and makes no sense - it's not constitutional" and the old thing happened.
Yes, it could have been worse, they could have made polyamory illegal. But it doesn't change anything in my life personally, compared to before the hearings were an issue in the first place. Actually, it's worse because before I would have thought nothing of having a binding ceremony and I doubt anyone would have come to bother me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
No...looking and saying such doesn't constitute a marriage in the monogamous context either...for all we know that could just be pillow talk.
I was actually just describing a ceremony. When I said "someone else" I meant the witness and whoever is officiating. But that's still kind of my point. A binding ceremony is kind of like pillow talk, but planned and with people celebrating your love with you. It has no legal binding. It's personal and private in the same way a birthday party is. It's... just weird to me.