View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Other random tidbits.

I had an unexpected free day this week on the day that Eric stays home with Bee. I came over and watched the boy for a couple of hours while E got some chores done, it was really nice for all of us. Bee is a big fan of the natural world. If he's fussing he'll usually calm down and perk up when taken outside. During my visit, I decided to get a head start on teaching him how to give cats "nice pets", so I took his little hand and ran it along the cat's side. He got all focused and quiet as I did this several more times and didn't try to grab or pull or anything. I know he's too little to actually understand, but I appreciate his respect for animals nonetheless.

Gia and I haven't spent much time together lately. :/ The holidays make it tough, we're both running around trying to see all our family members. I feel calm about it, which is nice on the one hand, but on the other hand I worry that it means I'm losing my romantic/emotional connection to her if the distance/time apart doesn't bother me. *sigh* I am *so* good at worrying. It's assuredly just because I've been distracted by all the time I'm spending with Davis that I miss her less, which is not a bad thing.

We hung out with Jay again in a big group of friends. I still appreciate his weird-cuteness and his perceptiveness and all the other things that make me like him, but the crushed out part wasn't quite so intense. Maybe it really was just a brief, er, flare-up, based on our burgeoning friendship and my happiness about that? Like with everything, only time will tell and I would do best not to concern myself with it more than is called for!