View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
*confused look*

Which is it... is he in a new relationship with you? Or is he a single guy? The two are mutually exclusive... If he's single and you're all gaga for him, then that's basically a "crush" and not a "new relationship."

As I understand it, NRE typically refers to that mutual feeling between two people who are in a new relationship together, not the unrequited attraction of one to the other...
Quote:
I am who I am. I don't need labels to define me. They're sticky, and I hate the glue they leave behind.
Now we are both having a confused look. You don't need labels to define YOU, but you need labels to define my relationship?

OK, let's look at it closer.

What's your definition of "relationship" and "single"? We've known each other for two months, have been intimate for a month, spent 3 crazy nights together. Been chatting and IMing almost daily, for 3-4-5 hours at a time, until recently. Neither of us is interested in meaningless sex. We do have FWBs (who are bona fide friends), but this feels different to both of us. We definitely have a strong emotional connection. We've never defined any structure or put labels on things, we've just been having a blast together. Does it mean we are in a relationship now or what? I don't know. Does it matter?

To me, a relationship is more of a social experience: living together, introducing each other to friends/family, etc. We have not done that, and I, on my end, am not planning to.