View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsirenn View Post
what do you mean by this?

I mean that if you're fundamentally ok with having a poly relationship with your partner, then there's really no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsirenn View Post
- exactly what I am doing... giving it serious thought. The thing is, how will I even know about this without diving in? I can only "think" so far into it.
So why aren't you diving in? I get the sense that you've been preventing yourself from diving in. I don't know the full story, but I remember that you've been in a sort of holding pattern, with your partner holding off on pursuing outside relationships while you work that stuff out. The thing is, there's only so long you can stay in a holding pattern before you decide whether it's right for you or not. I get the sense you haven't made that decision. I get the sense that you're trying to convince yourself of things rather than listen to your actual feelings. If you don't know what you want, you're not going to be able to get what you want out of your relationship.

Generally when I'm finding myself stuck in questions like these, it's usually because deep down, I really know the answer. I just don't want that particular answer to be right.