View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
The term is not applied to all situations and relationships--at least, not by anybody who is at all knowledgeable about the term. I know folks who are interested by the prospect of "finding a third" and who most definitely are *not* unicorn hunters.
I've seen it used a lot here as an assumption in the beginning when a couple tells what they're looking for. Sometimes when they tell a bit more about their situation, people start saying "Well, in that case you're not unicorn hunters". It's like they're guilty before proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
It has little to do with the woman involved and a great deal to do with the insecure male desiring the OPP (or insecure female and a one-pussy policy).
This is precisely what's wrong with the term when used in all situations where there's only one penis involved. It gives the impression that the woman had little to do with that agreement and that's not the case every time. If someone says "You have OPP" about another persons situation it makes the assumption that the woman didn't have much say in that. It makes the woman a victim, not an active decision-maker.