View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM

None, and I don't see myself ever going either - I don't see the attraction of meeting with other people who have a similar relationship status to me, the only reason I'd consider going is to find other poly people to date (without all the explanations that come with someone who doesn't know of poly), which is pretty frowned upon, at least as I understand it (not to say that dating is frowned upon, merely turning up JUST to look for dates is).

It's like, polyamory isn't an INTEREST of mine (although my forum posts might suggest otherwise!), it's just the way I am. Like, I'd go to a rugby game, or a wrestling show, or a film, or a music festival, or a gym because I'm interested in the activities. But at a poly meeting, we either talk about poly relationships (which, for me, are much better when LIVED) or we just talk generally, but just because someone is poly, it wouldn't mean that I would like them, or even be able to stand their presence. Like I'm sure there's some great people in the poly community, but just because we're both poly it doesn't mean we have anything else in common.