View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 PM

Alright, alright, I'll bite on the side topic.

I've never been in the least commitment minded. I feel more committed to my relationship with my gf than I ever have in any other relationship before, despite the fact that she and I haven't made any sort of formal declarations or anything. I've been in a couple of other long-term-ish things with guys in the past in which *they* were very interested in long-term commitment but I was not. Rather, I tend to enter my relationships solely based on my enjoyment of the other person with no expectations for the future.

Right now, my bf is the one who wants to look at moving in together, maybe getting married and having kids at some point... whereas I'm like "Can't we just relax and see where this goes?"

So, yeah, maybe we're all just a little too queer here or a little too non-traditional or whatever, but the idea that women want X and men want Y has had no relevance or truth whatsoever in my life. Perhaps it's true on a wider societal level, but I tend to suspect that if it is it's still far less prevalent than the dominant cultural narratives would have us believe.