View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Default similar situation

I'm in a new relationship where my boyfriend is also dating his X-wife. It's a fairly equal "Vee" agreement. I've felt uncomfortable in situations where we all attend the same event and "hang out". In addition, at the end of the night there is always the conflict. They are both ok with us all sleeping in the same room, and being abstinent (or being sexual). But I am uncomfortable. So then, I'll choose to leave and go home. But that is uncomfortable for me as well because I feel left out. It seems I can't find a comfortable scenario, so I've chosen to not hang out with both of them at the same time as long as it can be avoided. I'm fine with knowing that he's seeing her, but it is difficult for me to have a close relationship with her and seeing their affection. She is very uncomfortable that I don't want to spend time with the two of them together and says she feels left out. She thinks I need to be able to do this if I want the relationship to work. Do I? I don't really see why I need to force myself into that situation. Basically, when I find out we're all going to be at the same place at the same time, I sometimes choose to not go. Or sometimes I might choose to go and deal with my jealousy and discomfort. What do you think is the appropriate course of action in this situation?