View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM

This is an old thread, and people have moved on from these situations. But I found these thoughts extremely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
There's something very contrived and artificial about trying to insure that everyone is getting equal signs of affection. Imagine someone counting up minutes, seconds..., trying to be sure not to favor one person over another in an openning couple such as Kevin and I have (are)?! That's just not relaxed enough. Sure, it would be terrible to be left out of the affection entirely, but, you know, nature has sunny days and rainy ones..., things are in flux. We ought to let ourselves be natural about it. It won't rain on anyone all of the time -- nor will the sun always shine on anyone. Too much worry about "equal treatment" is as bad or worse than actual inequality of affection and love.
I completely agree with this. There are differences in feelings and differences in wants and needs and relationships with different people. It's obvious really, when written down, but something I am working to learn so well it becomes natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I am here for a long time and don't feel a need to try to cram as much of her time in as I can. That would imply there is an end. I feel no end to this and therefore have a freedom to just enjoy
This is important! We have all the time in the world, there's no hurry. I think this is one of the most important things for me to enable me to worry less and live more.