View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 AM

I haven't felt much like blogging lately, though I've been getting a kick from giving a lot of advice on other sections of the board.

Not much new to report. Bee has so many expressions he didn't have before. He's soooo alert and alive to his world. He laughs a lot (when he's not fussing). Davis and I continue to go through variations on our cycle of friction and connection. Just rolling with it. Gia helped me put some behavior of his into perspective in a really helpful way.

When I went out of town recently I ended up sending him a text message saying "I've found a listing online for a fetish sex club night in town tonight that's free for women -- I'm thinking about maybe going just out of curiosity and to observe, not to participate, but I don't want to push any boundaries with you. What do you think?" He wrote back and said that while he wouldn't be comfortable going to such a place himself, he understood the need to show me trust and support and so was fine with me going as long as I told him what I decided. I ended up not going but I was touched that he decided to be cool with it.

I feel like we started our relationship with the premise that we would both compromise -- I would give him space to become comfortable with things without pressuring him and he in turn would in fact work on becoming more comfortable. There's so much room within that for one person or the other to not uphold their end of the bargain, but I'm proud of both of us.