View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyfish View Post
YGirl, I didn't realize that you lived in Lowell. I went to UMass Lowell and met my husband there.

You should totally go to the Southeast Asian Restaurant in Lowell. It's the best Thai restaurant I've ever been to. It's really not as sketchy as it looks. Although that's really how I feel about Lowell in general.

I still live in the area (Arlington) as well. I'm not sure if I'll have much time over the holidays, but I'm more than happy to give suggestions.
I have been to the SE Asian many times but it's not as good (well the buffet anyway) since Joe Antonaccio sold the restaurant to go into the frozen-food business. It is run by a different family now. A lot of the old regular patrons from there have switched to the place around the corner on the same block, across the street from City Hall and the library, next to George's Textile. They don't have as many items, they start closing the buffet at 2 instead of 3 like SEA, and the dishes are not quite so "Death Valley / Inferno Hot" but they are very high quality and they have some recipes that I like that SEA didn't have at all.

Ruby, why don't you and your husband join us for dinner?