View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 PM

Thank you for your insight. It is much appreciated. We don't plan on casting aside our couple. We love them and would never do that. However, they are sexual partners who have cooled off to about once or twice a year. That relationship has become more of a hang out have a good time together non-sexual relationship mostly. They are very, very good friends. However, the reason that has cooled off is because they are devoted to one another. Would we be able to lean on them in a time of need, certainly, but it isn't the same. For him, her needs will always take precedence, for her his will, we are outsiders to their marriage. I don't think of myself as a sex tool first with them but that is pretty much, other than great friendship, what we are.

That's why we are here to find someone who will put us first, be our wife/husband. Our friends would completely understand that and would not pass judgement on us for it. Our new person would love them too, but sex would not be a requirement, and if our new person didn't want them to be involved with us sexually anymore then we wouldn't because the new person would be our new marriage partner and therefore outrank our friends.

It's complicated I suppose, but it's something we have decided to do and hope to grow and find someone to share our life, our marriage with.