View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:45 AM

Smile Hello from C and D

Hi. I am a poly noob too. I saw that term on a previous thread and thought it was cute and figured that I would use it since that is exactly what me and my husband are. We have the real thing. Our kind of love is the truest of the blue. We have been married for nearly 10 years now, (thanks to Anthrax)`long story. We have been sexually involved with another couple the entire length of our marriage and love them dearly, but we are looking for a more committed relationship just for me and him. We have discussed seeking out a third person for our family for the last few years. I was the one who brought it up to my husband who at first was pretty against the idea. He said that no one could come between he and I. When I explained to him that I wanted to love this new person like I love him and wanted him to love the new person as he loves me, a wife, or a husband, then he finally started to understand what it was I was saying. Though I love our other couple, our relationship with them started many years ago, for me it has been twice as long as my marriage to D, we don't have the kind of relationship with them that has been weighing so heavily on my mind. My husband is John Wayne straight and I am bisexual but we don't want just a new sexual partner. In fact, sex doesn't even have to play a role in it, not that its forbidden, just not required. We are looking for someone as committed to us as we are to each other. We want to court this new person and hope to fall in love and hope he/she falls in love with us. My husband and I refer to each other as each others' best friend. We want to add one to that. Part of the thinking that lead us here was what if one of us dies. How will the other go on? The one left behind needs someone to help them get through the pain. Someone to hold the hand and sooth the pain and love back to life and convince me or him to go on. This kind of sounds selfish but our hope is that this new person will benefit from us as well. We want a new member to our family.
Well, that's us. I hope to learn a lot and maybe even find the person we are looking for here.