View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Are they naturally poly, but have never met anyone that they have had a serious interest in? Are they naturally poly, but don't want to deal with the complications that come with acting out their desires? Are they naturally poly, but have no interest in acting out on their desires due to (ingrained) learned behaviour? Or (this is what I think) are they pathologically incabable of anything but monogamy? These are all rhetoricals btw.

Why not pose what would seem to me to be another obvious rhetorical option -- Are they naturally mono, but open-minded enough that they never cared to close the door on poly as a possibility for each other? That seems to me the most likely answer, really.

And why on earth use a loaded term like "pathologically"? What about monogamy, or about loving in one particular way period, deserves to be called a pathology, or in simpler language a disease????
Me, 30ish bi female, been doing solo poly for roughly 5 years. Gia, Clay, and Pike, my partners. Davis, ex/friend/"it's complicated." Eric, Gia's husband. Bee, Gia and Eric's toddler.