View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Well, releasing my circular worries is actually going pretty well.

Each time I've seen Davis since I last wrote I've reminded myself not to start trying to analyze him or myself, cutting off any thoughts that start going too far down the path of "can we make this work, are we compatible enough, do I love him enough, what could our future look like?" Over the last few days of actively doing this I've felt more consistently loving towards him and happy to be in his company. We had a wonderful time together the other night, we gave each other full body massages and then made love (happy ending! ).

It almost makes me hesitant to post because this is a place for me to reflect and I don't want to start overthinking again, but I think maybe I'm starting to get the hang of not falling back into those patterns.

Gia and Eric had their first official post-birth just-them date night on Thursday! Not sure yet how it went, but I assume well.

Gia messaged me while I was at work the other day and we did a brief audio-video chat thing where I could see her and Bee sitting in front of her computer and hear her talking to me and him fussing (she couldn't see or hear me, I just had to type). It's something she normally does with Eric. Unfortunately it turned out she could only do one at a time and he wanted to get back on the line, so we didn't keep it going for long. But it was super cool to be literally given a window into her life when we'd normally be apart. I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with her when I get back from the 5-day work trip I'm embarking on today.

Next Sunday, we have plans to go to a shooting range -- Gia and Eric, me and Davis, and our friends K and Rob (a married couple, K is very close friends with Gia and hearts Bee almost as much as I do). I'm hopeful that Davis, G, and E can all get to know each other a little better. Eric and Davis are both big gun nuts, though Eric only owns one rifle and Davis doesn't currently own any forearms (he used to be in the military and knows a LOT about them).