View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 AM

I agree that there may well not be any perfect, imaginary "partner I want." The fact that Davis has issues doesn't need to be a deal-breaker if we can both love and support each other. But there's something inside of me that's resisting this relationship and I don't know if it's better to analyze it away and tough it out or listen to it and step back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Who knows, maybe at some point you will choose not to continue the relationship, but for now I think you might want to look at how you create turmoil within yourself by worrying about how the future will go and if he will step up to doing or being what you think he should do and be.
One thing's for sure, you're right about this... I definitely spend too much time worrying and configuring things in my head when I could just be dealing with the situation at hand. Bleh. I'm going to at least try to not perpetuate these unanswerable questions within myself for a while. Just meditate and be and release this circular thinking to the extent that I can.